- No cooking
- Raw Green Smoothies are the best way to get vitamins, minerals and chlorophyll, without having to completely grind the food yourself for your body to absorb.
- Stay away from all meat (including chicken and seafood), all dairy, sugar, or processed food. Especially anything with high fructose sugar.
- Raw whole foods is the Key.
- Stay away from fruits and sugars that have a high glycemic index.
- Never use cane sugar, corn syrup, high fructose anything, etc.
- Stevia and Honey may not be suitable.
- I recommend soaking pitted dates in orange juice for a few hours then blend.
- Use the blended pitted dates as your sweetener, can use the juice as part of your water also, be creative.
- Agave syrup or pure grade B maple syrup would be second to dates.
- (VitaMix is a better blender $400-$600 depending on model).
- BlendTec Total Blender ($400.00 approx)
- You can attempt to use others but results may not be as great.
- Click here to read more on why.
- Do not use regular city water.
- If you have to buy water, spring water is what you want to use.
- Do not use distilled water.
- Best water would be filtered, PH, ionized water.
- Click here for more information.
- Raw leafy greens are the secret, with the flax oil.
- Do not forget Flax oil.
- Flax oil helps your body absorbs nutrients from smoothie, plus other added benefits.
- Grow your own Wheat Grass.
- Spinach, chard, kale, dandelion greens, collards are your mainstays.
- Turnip, mustard, arugula—use more sparingly, as they are spicy or bitter.
To remove most of the spicy or bitter taste, remove the stem out of spicy or bitter greens.
- Lettuces and beet greens are also good—use freely.
- No iceberg lettuce, no real good value in eating.
- For the adventurous, use edible weeds in non sprayed fields: purslane has a mild flavor and vines along the ground everywhere; also use lambsquarter leaves, morning glory, and thistle more sparingly because they have a stronger taste.
- Come up with at least two different types of green smoothies using completely different ingredients.
- Your body will stop absorbing nutrients if you continue with the same ingredients for more then two weeks.
- Bases to use:
- Bananas (Don’t use with lemons.)
- Papayas (Use with lemons.)
- The base of the smoothies should be frozen.
- Frozen Bananas. Do not use with lemon.
- Frozen papaya. Use with lemons.
- Bananas and Papaya add a creamy texture and sweetness
- (If you have a good blender, recommend peeling and cleaning bananas and freeze them for use, buy in bulk on sale, and freeze.)
- Don’t forget whole organic lemons in your smoothie.
- Stay away from fruits with lots of sugar like apples, and pineapple.
- Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, etc, would be best.
- frozen mixed berries
- any other fruit to taste.
- our favorites are pears and peaches, but also use, oranges, apricots, cantaloupe (with seeds—very high in antioxidants!), mango, pineapple, anything!
The more frozen fruit, the tastier your smoothie will be, and the Vitimax Blender can handle it! Not so much the Blendtec. Blendtec overheats easily.
- Fruits are best added when frozen.
- Any can be used
- Cabbage (Red and Green)
Green Smoothie (General)
Makes approx. 8 cups of 100% raw smoothie.
Servings: 8 cups
- VitaMix or Blentec blender
- 4 Tbsp flax oil 2-4 Tbsp. organic unfiltered refrigerated flax oil (omega-3 rich oil)
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 lemon Unless using bananas. Frozen lemon including peel (anti-skin cancer, high in flavanoids)
- 8 Tbsp Food Grade Diatomacious Earth Heaping tablespoons.
Greens, Required (gather about .5 to 1 lbs of different raw washed greens)
- Dandelion Greens
- Cabbage Green and Red Cabbage
- Wheat Grass Grow your own. See site for details.
- 4 Tbsp Raw Honey or ½ to 1 tsp. stevia (herbal sweetener) or 1/3 cup agave syrup (low glycemic index)
Recommended Vegetables to add
Frozen Fruits to add
- Strawberries Frozen
- Blueberries Frozen
- Grapes Frozen
- Any other frozen fruits or mixed berries
Base to use (use only one)
- 1 Bananas Large Frozen Bananas. Do not use Bananas with lemon
- .25 Papaya Use with lemon.
- Add the water to blender.
- Add Diotomacious Earth and blend in.
- Add Flax oil and blend in.
- Add raw honey, or sweetener and blend in.
- Add lemon if not using bananas as base.
- Add your Base now. Use only one type, do not mix.
- Add other vegetables and blend in until smooth.
- Gradually add greens until, briefly pureed, the mixture comes up the 5-cup line.
- Puree greens mixture for 90 seconds until very smooth.
- Gradually add frozen fruit until the container is completely full and blend 90 seconds or until well blended.
- Smoothie can be stored in refrigerator for about 5 days.
- Do not leave out the Lemon or the Flax Oil.
- If you are insulin dependent or have any form of cancer, I recommend asking about and get on the Gerson Therapy.
- All fruits and vegetables should be sprayed with 3% H2O2 (Hydrogen Peroxide), and let sit for a minute or two, then sprayed with apple cider vinegar (or white, but apple is better), and let sit for a minute or two. Wash with filtered water, now ready to use.
- For beginners and those trying to convert children, consider using LESS greens and MORE fruit (especially berries and bananas) in the beginning, gradually working up to a 50/50 ratio as described here. Use just the mild flavors in this transition phase, like spinach, kale, collards, and chard. Add more water if you feel the smoothie is too thick.
- Vegetables and Fruits should be certified organic, but if you cannot afford, Meyers or Walmart vegetables are better than not using raw fruits and vegetables. Just do not forget to wash them as described above. I have found Flax Oil only at the Whole Foods Store. Many states have Whole Food branded stores. Michigan has a few in my area, so you should be able to find one. Whole Foods has many organic products but are considerable more expensive, better for you though. Check Meyers for Sea Salts, etc. before buying at Whole Foods store. If Meyers has the same product, then Meyers is usually less expensive on same brand products. So check around before buying.
Calories: 118kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 94mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin B1: 1mg | Vitamin B2: 1mg | Vitamin B3: 1mg | Vitamin B5: 1mg | Vitamin B6: 1mg | Vitamin C: 14mg | Vitamin E: 1mg | Vitamin K: 1µg | Calcium: 7mg | Copper: 1mg | Folate: 8µg | Iron: 1mg | Manganese: 1mg | Magnesium: 8mg | Phosphorus: 5mg | Selenium: 1µg | Zinc: 1mg