Green Smoothie (General)
Makes approx. 8 cups of 100% raw smoothie.
Servings: 8 cups
- VitaMix or Blentec blender
- 4 Tbsp flax oil 2-4 Tbsp. organic unfiltered refrigerated flax oil (omega-3 rich oil)
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 lemon Unless using bananas. Frozen lemon including peel (anti-skin cancer, high in flavanoids)
- 8 Tbsp Food Grade Diatomacious Earth Heaping tablespoons.
Greens, Required (gather about .5 to 1 lbs of different raw washed greens)
- Dandelion Greens
- Cabbage Green and Red Cabbage
- Wheat Grass Grow your own. See site for details.
- 4 Tbsp Raw Honey or ½ to 1 tsp. stevia (herbal sweetener) or 1/3 cup agave syrup (low glycemic index)
Recommended Vegetables to add
Frozen Fruits to add
- Strawberries Frozen
- Blueberries Frozen
- Grapes Frozen
- Any other frozen fruits or mixed berries
Base to use (use only one)
- 1 Bananas Large Frozen Bananas. Do not use Bananas with lemon
- .25 Papaya Use with lemon.
- Add the water to blender.
- Add Diotomacious Earth and blend in.
- Add Flax oil and blend in.
- Add raw honey, or sweetener and blend in.
- Add lemon if not using bananas as base.
- Add your Base now. Use only one type, do not mix.
- Add other vegetables and blend in until smooth.
- Gradually add greens until, briefly pureed, the mixture comes up the 5-cup line.
- Puree greens mixture for 90 seconds until very smooth.
- Gradually add frozen fruit until the container is completely full and blend 90 seconds or until well blended.
- Smoothie can be stored in refrigerator for about 5 days.
- Do not leave out the Lemon or the Flax Oil.
- If you are insulin dependent or have any form of cancer, I recommend asking about and get on the Gerson Therapy.
- All fruits and vegetables should be sprayed with 3% H2O2 (Hydrogen Peroxide), and let sit for a minute or two, then sprayed with apple cider vinegar (or white, but apple is better), and let sit for a minute or two. Wash with filtered water, now ready to use.
- For beginners and those trying to convert children, consider using LESS greens and MORE fruit (especially berries and bananas) in the beginning, gradually working up to a 50/50 ratio as described here. Use just the mild flavors in this transition phase, like spinach, kale, collards, and chard. Add more water if you feel the smoothie is too thick.
- Vegetables and Fruits should be certified organic, but if you cannot afford, Meyers or Walmart vegetables are better than not using raw fruits and vegetables. Just do not forget to wash them as described above. I have found Flax Oil only at the Whole Foods Store. Many states have Whole Food branded stores. Michigan has a few in my area, so you should be able to find one. Whole Foods has many organic products but are considerable more expensive, better for you though. Check Meyers for Sea Salts, etc. before buying at Whole Foods store. If Meyers has the same product, then Meyers is usually less expensive on same brand products. So check around before buying.
Calories: 118kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 94mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin B1: 1mg | Vitamin B2: 1mg | Vitamin B3: 1mg | Vitamin B5: 1mg | Vitamin B6: 1mg | Vitamin C: 14mg | Vitamin E: 1mg | Vitamin K: 1µg | Calcium: 7mg | Copper: 1mg | Folate: 8µg | Iron: 1mg | Manganese: 1mg | Magnesium: 8mg | Phosphorus: 5mg | Selenium: 1µg | Zinc: 1mg