Table of Contents
The below really are not secrets however just common sense that obviously people are not applying as the spread is continuing.
Corona Virus Disease of 2019 (COVID-19) is currently still a major concern as of writing this. This virus has caused countries to shutdown which is the first time I have seen this done.
As part of life safety, I am stuck going out to client’s locations. I cannot believe how many people are still getting in my face or attempting to. Stay your distance. I see people scratching their nose or touching their mouths, not washing hands before eating. I watch people leave bathrooms without washing their hands. It is unbelievable that many people are so close to animals in how they react and live.
The below has been applied to all influenza attacks from the past, these are no secret. Just common facts that if applied will assist you in not only getting a virus but if you do get it how to keep your immune system healthy so the virus does not have a good chance to kill you.
Yes, all humans are built the same however DNA is slightly different for each family and these differences may make you more subjective to faults or make you more immune then others. Know your DNA. Do research on your family history to know what you maybe in for in the future. History is a good place to always look for answers of what worked and what did not. Learn from History.
I should not have to write this, however once again I find myself in situations that common sense should be applied by others but is not or they just do not taking not spreading viruses seriously. Then they wonder how they became infected, while still going to work, school, etc. infecting others.
Common sense rules, that have been applied for all Pandemics in the past. We would not have influenza Pandemics if everyone applied these simple rules.
I will start with what is most important.
The two most important things to remember that will assist you in not contracting any airborne virus.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth with your dirty hands.
Clean your hands with soap for minimum 20 seconds then rinse. After cleaning your hands appropriately would be the time to touch your nose and mouth.
- Keep a safe distance from everyone (3 feet).
Want a better chance of not getting a virus or be able to fight of a virus? Practice the two points above and, pay attention to your immune system and learn to keep your immune system up. Some simple advice:
- Stay hydrated and consume health foods. Stay away from dairy, meat and fish as much as possible. Get on a regimen to slowly reduce your dairy, meat and fish. Look for raw food cookbooks. Search online for raw food recipes. A start on some recipes. Nutritional page worth reading. Food page worth reading.
- Do not stress. If you are stressed you should learn to meditate, do Pilates, take bath with salts. Look up ways to relax. Allowing a situation or someone to stress you out will only lower your immune system and not help you at all.
- Remember heating anything above 118 F will lower or eliminate the benefits that food could have provided your body. So, eat raw vegetables. Come up with combinations using raw food cookbooks or search the web for raw food recipes. Try different raw food recipes.
- Don’t consume the same fruits and vegetables all the time. Have different fruits and vegetables often so your body can absorb as much as it can.
Things to consume to boost your immune system:
- Drink Green Tea. (Do not consume black tea. Black tea is what most restaurants and fast food serve. Once you taste green tea you will taste the difference between black. Black tea absorbs nutrition from your body.)
- Green Smoothies, no dairy. See green smoothies section.
- Use natural local honey that has not been heated beyond 118 F, as your sweetener. Do not bother with store bought honey. Read the sweetener page on Honey.
- Vitamin C from tablets or better consume foods with Vitamin C, some listed below.
- Drink Spirulina and Wheat Grass powder in filtered water.
- Here is a great ‘Detox drink’ which will boost your immune system.
- Garlic has been known to assist in fighting off infections. It has also been told that garlic can assist in slowing down clogging of arteries, and lower blood pressure.
- Oranges, tangerines, lemons, limes, grapefruit, and most other citrus fruits are high in Vitamin C.
- Papaya. Not only are Papayas high in vitamin C, they also have papain that is a digestive enzyme that has anti-inflammatory effects.
- Ginger is used to decrease inflammation in all parts of your body.
- Red Bell Peppers contain more vitamin C than citrus, and beta carotene.
- Broccoli has multiple vitamins (A,C,E) and minerals, fiber and antioxidants. Eat raw for more benefits.
- Spinach is high in vitamin C, beta carotene, and multiple antioxidants. Consume raw for maximum benefits.
- Turmeric is used for its anti-inflammatory effects.
- Multiple other fruits, vegetables and don’t forget about greens (DGLV) that all have beneficial factors on why to eat them instead of processed foods.
Exercise is important also
Do lung, breathing exercises. Stretch and massage your body. This is important before you get a virus and while you are fighting a repository virus. Eventually I will go further in how to do this. At this time search the web for lung and breathing exercises.
Do you want a little saliva on that food you just ordered? Well you most likely have if you eat out!
FOOD PREPARATION- one issue no one is talking about that I have seen or heard at the time of this writing. People are using places like Grubhub, DoorDash, Uber Eats to have food delivered by others. Unfortunately, there has been many claims and admittance by the drivers that they spit on your food, drink some of your drinks, urinate in your drinks, other body fluids, etc. I wish I was making this up, but it is true. Also, if you talk to people that has been in the food industry awhile, you will find that employees of fast food and restaurants do bad things to your food especially if you return your food because it was not prepared for your liking. People are People and it does not matter what place you eat, it could happen to you. Everyone has bad days and sometimes it is taken out on others that either side did not know each other.
My point is that you can still contract COVID-19 and other viruses if you eat the spores (droplets) that an infected person just breathing on your food as they are making it. What about if they sneezed or spit on your food and they were infected. While the spores are still active and you eat the food, you most likely will be infected.
The COVID-19 is not entirely novel, it is an alteration (new strand) of previous virus.
This one has a longer incubation period before you begin having symptoms and after your symptoms have gone. This ‘incubation period’ for COVID-19 is 5-6 days and ‘serial interval’ is 3 days per the WHO and CDC at the time of writing this. This is what makes it so contagious. You may have COVID-19 and not know it and spread to others for up to 6 days before you feel any symptoms and up to 3 days after you have no more symptoms.
What you can do to protect yourself from COVID-19?
Know facts, understand history (what worked what did not), stay educated.
How does COVID-19 spread? COVID-19 primarily contracted through contact when an infected person sneeze or coughs. COVID-19 is also contracted when a person touches a surface or object that has the virus on it, then touches their eyes, nose, or mouth.
I am not going to go into much further detail, as I found World Health Organization (WHO) has already published and is maintaining Q&A on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
I do want to touch on a few more details for repetition of hearing this will be understood and applied, hopefully subconsciously.
GENERAL RANT AND OTHER INFORMATION
It is amazing how many people do not understand the flu season and how to protect themselves from getting the flu.
The flu is also known as influenza. There is always a flu season every year which starts around October and ends at the end of April. There is a reason why the flu does not last or spread in the hot months. Two of those reasons are, the sun light, and heat. Sun light has proven from pandemics in the past to kill off the virus. Viruses cannot live in Sun Light. It has been said that the outdoor air is also a disinfectant and I agree that outside air is better than inside recirculating air.
Outbreaks of some virus will always continue as people kill and eat creatures that we should not be consuming. (Leviticus (11:9-10), Leviticus (11:3 and 11:7-8)) Until the world has no evil and everyone can show kindness and love to one another, we will always have some type of virus floating around. Either intentional by others or by the acts that humans currently do and have been taught to decades that it is OK to do.
Keeping a safe distance from people should be the hardest of the two to do. It is amazing how many times you will touch your face without even being conscious of it. Practice not touching your face always and teach others to do the same. If you must be face to face with people, then invest in N95 masks to wear during the flu season.
Be aware and stay away (3 or more feet) away from people that are showing symptoms. It should be obvious to stay home when you are sick to not give it to others. Most people just don’t care about anyone else but themselves. So, don’t expect someone that is unclean not to get in your face. It is up to you to protect yourself and educate others. The stupid will eventually die but not before they populate more stupid and infect the clean.
You should not touch anything with dirty hands that you are going to place in your mouth.
You should always wash your hands before handling food or eating food.
You should always clean your hands and keep your hands clean. This helps to stop the transfer of germs.
Your hands become dirty once you touch someone or something.
You should always wash your hands between tasks and keep all surfaces clean. During the flu season, wash your hands more often, and clean areas that you are going to touch with alcohol wipes or soap and water. Clean surfaces with disinfectants that are known to kill germs and viruses.
Side Note: I heard (I did not verify) that because of the COVAD-19 starting out in China and how it was contracted to humans, China has banned the sale and consumption of wild animals which China includes cats and dogs as wild.
Knowing that a virus is going to come again, Prepare for next one.
It is not a matter of if we are going to get another virus outbreak, but when. It is amazing that Pandemics have been going on for centuries and yet our governments do not prep for the outbreak, knowing there will be another one.
It is estimated and foreseen that by the year 2030 we will have another pandemic. It maybe as soon as 2027 so i recommend stocking up on a few things in 2025 that will help relieve the stores of you attempting to scramble to get the below when the pandemic hits.
You should always have a stock of the below on hand, and be using them to disinfect your building. When you bring things into your house, especially groceries, they should be wiped down with antibacterial wipes or spray. Then you can put away. Areas that you had the uncleaned things you brought in should now be wiped down now and then wash your hands after you are done cleaning.
The below should be sought before this November as COVID-19 has been predicted to come back for a second round in November 2020. Before the flu season in 2025, stock enough to get you through at least 6 months.
- N95 respirators (masks) or better if better filtration is available at the time of purchase.
- Rubber Gloves. Different thickness and color to purchase, all are good. ***
- Antibacterial Hand Soap
- 91% or better isopropyl alcohol
- Bleach (Clorox currently makes the best)
- 100% Aloe. *
- Alcohol/ Antibacterial wipes (Clorox maybe best) **
- Bleach / Antibacterial wipes (Clorox maybe best) **
- Lysol Sanitizing spray
- Hand sanitizer (Purell maybe best)
- toilet paper
- Tissue paper (Kleenex)
- Thermometer (Digital or No Contact Digital or just a regular thermometer)
- Please let me know what else to add here.
** Buying Aloe in bottles from store is not the best to place on sunburns or wounds as it contains preservatives and alcohol, but is good to make hand sanitizer. Also good if you must use if no Aloe plant is around.
** Alcohol evaporates and must be in an airtight container. The wipes will dry out after a year or so. When you purchase place in bags that you can remove the air out of or store in good zip lock bags. If they do dry out, then use either the alcohol or bleach you bought to hydrate them, you could also use water. Alcohol to dried alcohol wipes and bleach to dried bleach wipes.
*** You can not get COVID-19 or any other respiratory virus from cuts contact with skin, etc. Only way you can get a respiratory virus is through nose and mouth. Rubber gloves are only a protection from getting the virus on your hands and spreading it to other surfaces, period. Rubber gloves are to be worn for a single use, then properly removed and the discarded. You should not keep the same gloves on continuously through the day, as you possibly still spreading germs from one surface to another. Thickness and color depend on you. I like the 9mm gloves for working on cars, however I prefer the thinner clear gloves when having to work through the COVID-19 issue at client sites. Depends on your preference.
Let us follow history and learn from history, so we do not repeat the same mistakes.
Listed are some of the past epidemics and pandemics. This is not a complete list. I listed these for two main reasons. For you to research on each one and see what I have written above is true, and to see that this will happen again because of how humans are. It is not going to go away, and each epidemic or pandemic are happening more frequently and stronger strands that each time changes the game. It is also believed that there will be a virus that will spread regardless of being exposed to sun light yet to be concocted. This is the one to fear as it will continue to spread through May and continue to the next flu season.
- 1918 Pandemic (H1N1 virus)
- 1947 Pseudopandemic with low death rates
- 1957-1958, Asian Influenza Pandemic (H2N2 virus)
- 1968 Pandemic, Hong Kong Influenza (H3N2 virus)
- 1976 epidemic of swine influenza in 1976
- 1977 epidemic that was a pandemic in children
- 2003 epidemic SARS
- 2009 Pandemic H1N1 pdm09 virus)
- 2020 Pandemic (SARS-CoV-2) COVID-19
- 2027-3030 Next major pandemic.
Side Note: I am really bothered that under Barack Obama (Democrat) administration they did not care to resupply the nations stockpile with N95 Masks once they significantly depleted when dealing with the H1N1 outbreak in 2009.
More maybe written depending on comments and emails received on this subject.